Today we got replacement floors in both bathrooms and some of the fixtures replaced in the downstairs bathroom. The toilet in the downstairs bathroom had a crack in it when we bought the house, which had damaged the floor. When they repaired the floor, they checked to make sure it was just the plywood that was damaged -- the structure of the floor was still sound -- good, cedar construction.
As with the windows, we did the work primarily because it was needed, in this case to prevent water leaking and damaging our home, but it makes a big difference in the appearance of the room too. I picked out the new flooring. When we went into the company, we asked whether we should get one piece that could cover both bathrooms or get two separate pieces and they said it didn't make any difference, so we picked out two separate patterns. Then they said, "Oh, by the way, it'll cost $300 more to do it that way", so we got them both done in the same pattern. I like it.